Cabinet scrapers (or card scrapers) are an invaluable tool in the woodshop for creating an exceptionally fine finish on wood regardless of grain direction or figure.
This set includes a scraper for every task:
- A rectangular scraper for flat boards
- A curved scraper for rounded and scooped concave or convex boards
- And a gooseneck scraper for everything in between
Plus, it comes with a wood-handled burnishing rod — whose extra length makes it easier to lock your wrists for exact sharpening angles (I have a video showing how below).
How do card scrapers transform your woodworking?
- Achieve glassy-smooth surfaces: Replace the drudgery of sanding with a few quick strokes — and get lusciously smooth boards you can’t help but touch
Create flawless projects: Clean up scratches, glue, finishes, and tool marks with an area-specific focus you can’t achieve with hand planes
- Tame any board: Card scrapers are one of the few tools that can cut against the grain — so you can make even the wildest boards glisten
Card scrapers are my secret weapon for impeccable woodworking…
And they’ll help you achieve projects you’ll be proud of.
For instructions on how to sharpen and use a card scraper, watch this video.