Jonathan’s Hot Take:
Great for between rubio coats. Amazing time saver because it fits on any 6" hook and loop sander
3 in each pack.
- Use for cleaning, scuffing, finishing, and light paint removal on a variety of metals and plastics
- Unique fibre coating capability assures a fast, consistent scratch
- Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasive cleans and finishes efficiently
- Nylon disc resists tearing and loading and will never rust, providing a long life
- Flexible open web fibers conform to contoured surfaces
- Hookit™ attachment provides quick, easy attachment to a 3M™ Hookit™ Back Up Pad for use on a random orbital sander (both sold separately)
- Can be used wet or dry and rinsed for repeated use
- The Scotch-Brite™ Hookit™ 7447 PRO Disc combines flexible fibers with outstanding cut to help you accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results, use after use. It is an excellent alternative to steel wool, wire brushes, sandpaper, and other non-woven products for cleaning or finishing tasks. The Hookit™ backing enables convenient attachment on a random orbital sander.
Uniform Results in Less Time
The 7447 PRO Disc is engineered to reduce surface prep time whether prior to paint in the automotive industry or scuff sanding furniture or cabinetry. Our fiber coating technology allows the Scotch-Brite™ Hookit™ 7447 PRO Disc to cut faster and produce a more consistent scratch, reducing the time it takes you to scuff, prep or finish parts. The tightly graded abrasive particles provide consistent, uniform results throughout life of the disc. Featuring very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives, this disc cuts fast, leaving a clean and smoothly finished surface.
Versatile Disc Replaces Steel Wool
Suitable for use on a wide variety of materials such as wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, glass, rubber, or composites, the performance of this pad is comparable to steel wool grade 1. However, unlike steel wool, the Scotch-Brite™ Hookit™ 7447 PRO Disc won’t rust after use or create fine metal splinters. Use it for cleaning, finishing, blending, and deburring, or for scuffing before applying paint and paint primers. It can even clean upholstery and chrome. This versatile product is effective in wet or dry environments and can be rinsed and used over and over again.
The Scotch-Brite™ PRO Advantage
Scotch-Brite™ PRO is a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon fibers. Breakthrough fiber coating technology allows Scotch-Brite™ PRO abrasive products to cut faster and produce a more consistent scratch than competitive non-woven abrasive products, reducing the time and effort it takes to finish parts. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
Fast Cut and Durability of Aluminum Oxide
Aluminum oxide is a popular mineral among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. It is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
The Convenience of 3M™ Hookit™
The Hookit™ backing on the 7447 PRO disc allows easy, direct attachment of the disc onto a 3M™ Hookit™ Backup Pad (sold separately), eliminating the need for an intermediary Conversion Face between the non-woven disc and the backup pad. Hookit™ discs conveniently and firmly attach to a hook-and-loop backup disc pad (sold separately) on a random orbital sander, can be removed cleanly and easily, and be used again and again for the extent of the abrasive life. Direct attachment makes using our popular 7447 PRO disc more convenient than ever. Rather than working with a hand pad or needing to incorporate a Conversion Face to drive the disc, operators can increase productivity and make the most of the disc by running it on a 3M™ Orbital or Random Orbital Sander.